Producer (Atlanta, GA)
Timing: For Immediate Hire (March 2017)
Reports to: Executive Producer & Senior Producer
StudioNow is looking for a very strong, creative, client-focused video producer to join a StudioNow video team that powers a client studio for one of StudioNow’s fortune 100 clients.
You’ll be joining our highly dedicated and talented team to help create smart, innovative video, advertising, corporate communications & marketing solutions for one of the best brands in the world. It’s an amazing opportunity. We are looking for someone who wants to help develop and pitch creative material with vision, taste, style, creativity, & organization to join the team.
This Producer must be driven to keep the Studios’ creative edgy and fresh; but also understand how work within the confines of a pre-determined brand strategy and budget. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented Producer who wants to be tested creatively on a range of projects while working quickly. This is not a position for a clockwatcher or someone who prefers to produce one project at a time.
The Producer will function as a primary point of contact on premium-caliber video projects including new and developing products and partner relationships. Specific responsibilities to be determined on a case by case basis by Executive Producer.
Primary goals of the job are to ensure 1) the best possible creativity and quality of the Studios’ video work 2) the timely completion of projects, 3) effective management of production budget and 4) absolute client satisfaction.
- Understand and predict video production scope and budgeting so as to properly align concepts, ideas, and programs with expected or required budget parameters. This understanding should extend to all aspects and executions of video production from one man band, guerilla production to network television including scripting, casting, art direction, talent direction, location scouting, wardrobe, hair & makeup, on-location or in-studio production.
- Actively lead and manage the production of premium projects and ensure their timely delivery including:
- Concepting, Writing, Idea development and pitching creative projects (both consumer-facing and internal-facing for the system)
- Define scope
- Select and engage StudioNow network resource(s)/production team
- Manage the production team (which may include studio team members)
- Manage the production budget
- Prep customer
- Produce and direct on location/set
- Quality Assurance
- Oversee post-production and final delivery
- Actively interact with the customer to ensure that the customer’s creative vision is realized in the projects being produced and to manage expectations.
- Continually push to raise the bar for the quality and production value of the content that StudioNow produces
- Continually seek creative and innovative ways to produce innovative video content for Internet while maximizing available budget(s)
- When appropriate, work closely with brand / client teams to:
- Help sell through creative concepts to potential clients
- Integrate new partners/products into appropriate, scalable workflow including the development of tools/content for customers, StudioNow and the Network (production packs, scripts, etc…)
- Edit projects on an as needed basis
- Follow standard review process and quality assurance process for all videos
- Resolve elevated/prolonged customer service/production issues.
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Team player, no drama.
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Highly developed project management skills
- Strong creative vision and point of view
- Film & video production and/or post-production experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Upbeat and positive attitude with a customer service mentality
- Comfort with dealing with potentially unhappy customers
- High degree of comfort with being on the phone (both making and receiving calls)
- High degree of proficiency on a computer (both Mac and Windows)
- Fluency in Spanish (both written and oral) is preferred but not required
Minimum Requirements to Apply:
- Applicants MUST have a minimum of 5 years experience working in film & video production and/or post-production (this is not a first job out of school).
- Four-year university degree required (unfortunately, no exceptions).
- Applicants MUST have a minimum of 5 years experience working in film & video production and/or post-production.
- Note that no relocation can be provided for this position – we’re looking for candidates in Atlanta.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send resume and a note explaining why you are right for this job to Ben Tyson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Include links to work / content created (reel, case studies, etc) and a strong creative track record.